McKnights

McKnights

Thursday, November 18, 2010

We have crown moulding

A few saturdays ago Wes and I attempted to put up crown moulding in our two new bedrooms. I had watched videos online and had studied how to do it, so I was pretty confident we could do it ourselves. Well we started working on it, and we did a few practice cuts and used up quite a bit of moulding, but finally figured out how to do it. We nailed the first piece up and went to put up the second piece, but there was a problem. In the corner where they were suppose to meet, the bottoms touched, but the tops were about and inch apart. We decided it was from the wood slipping in our mider saw. The back of it just wasn't tall enough to lean the crown moulding against. I knew there had to be a way to do it, I didn't want to give up yet. So I tried a few different things, but finally Wes made me stop cause we didn't want to waste all our moulding. So we resorted to calling our friend (he's pretty much family) Rich who came the next week and spent 3 hours putting up the crown moulding in both rooms and it looks awesome. It would have taken us forever and it probably wouldn't have looked as good. We tried though.
Here are a few pictures before and after. The first room will eventually be painted blue.
Oak's room before and After

The Nursery before and After

Now we just have to touch up the nail holes and paint it. Yay!

2 comments:

  1. wow! that looks really good liz! and, all this talk about pregnancy tests and nurseries, etc. i'm just waiting for the announcement!! :)

    ReplyDelete