We thoroughly enjoyed Halloween at our house this year. It started off on Friday the 29th with 3 different trick-or treating experiences for Oakley. First at Highland Care Center with his aunt Katy who was watching him while I was reffing the State volleyball tournament. Instead of getting candy, they gave candy to the old folks. I don't know if Oakley actually gave any cause he wanted to keep it himself, but I think he enjoyed it. Then off to Uncle Bret's work to show off his and Kayla's outfits. Then later that night, I got to take Oakley and Kayla to my grandma's assisted living home and all the residents handed out treats by their doors. This was the way to trick-or-treat, inside, and only a few feet between doors. Why haven't we done this before?Oakley loved it.

Here's Oak walking down the nice warm hall. The pictures are a little fuzzy cause they are off my phone. 
Kayla liked picking candy too, but she just held it in her hands the whole time.
The next day, Wes and I got to play in a Coed volleyball tournament. I don't remember the last time we both played in one, so it was nice to play together. We didn't win, but had tons of fun. Oakley got to hang out with Aunt Annie, who he's becoming very fond of.
Finally that night we got to go out trick-or-treating for real. I was worried cause it had been raining, but I really wanted to take Oak out anyway so he would maybe remember for next year.
With all that trick-or-treating mom and dad might have to help get rid of Oakley's candy. I don't see any other way. Hehe.
The next day as we were leaving for church he saw his costume and said "Bob" and grabbed it. Then he asked where his pumpkin was. He thought we were going out again. What a silly kid.
What a handsome Spongebob...looks like Oak got TONS of candy!
ReplyDeleteLove the costume! Yeah I bet he was wondering what happened to his world, dressing up and getting free candy. I bet he thought he was having a wonderful dream.
ReplyDelete