McKnights

McKnights

Thursday, November 11, 2010

The BIG Game

Back in May Wes turned 30 years old. He didn't really make a big deal about it, so naturally I just got him a movie, some socks, and a bengal sweatshirt. Well a few days later after much coersing I found out from one of his coworkers that he was pretty bummed out about just getting socks for his 30th birthday. I felt really bad that I hadn't done more. He had been on-call that night so we really didn't do anything. Anyway, to make a short story shorter, I surprised him with tickets to the Bengals vs. Steelers Monday night football game on November 8th, which was last monday. Wes made all the travel arrangements and we left Oakley with my sister Katy for the few days we were gone. Here are quite a few pictures from our adventure.
The first thing Wes wanted to do was go to a sporting goods store that he had heard about called Koch. This manican was at the enterance to the store. Inside Wes was in heaven. So much Bengal stuff. Then we had to try out the local grub. They have this stuff called Cincinnati Chili. It's spaghetti noodles topped with chili topped with tons of cheese. Wes thought it was ok, but I'm glad I ordered a salad too.
Right in the middle of downtown there is a place called Fountain Square. It's the happen'n part of town. Here we are in front of the fountain.
We didn't rent a car and we wanted to check out the town, so we headed across one of the bridges to get some good shots of Cinncinati from the Kentucky side.
This building was on the Kentucky side, and I thought it was so awesome. I'm pretty sure it's a residential building. I wonder how much those condos go for. Yikes!
Back over another bridge towards the stadium.
You can see our hotel in the background of the picture. It's the tallest one. The stadium is in the forground.
While we were crossing the second bridge, we got a sweet view of the practice field. Too bad the Bengals weren't practicing.
Here's the view from our Hotel room. We were on the top floor, but we faced the opposite way of the stadium. That's ok, it was still a cool view.
Finally, we made it in to the stadium. We were some of the first there. This is a shot of us in our seats.
We went down to the bottom before the game and just
watched everything on the field and I think I took about 200 pictures. Here are a few.
There are 5 famous people in this picture. How many can you name? T.O. in his spandex walking to the locker room.
(Left) Maualuga (Right) This picture doesn't really show it, but inside Wes was screaming and yelling cause he was so excited. He told me that this was the best day of his life. Even better then the day we got married. Don't worry, my feelings aren't hurt.
(Left) This is my favorite picture. ;-)
Palmer, the QB and a Team Cheer
The view from our seats.
View to the right and View to the left
We felt the heat from these fireworks as the team ran out. It was sweet. And The big flag.
Us enjoying the game at half time. Don't worry, we stood the rest of the time.
The Cincy skyline after the game. Too bad the Bengals lost or there would have been a lot more party'n going on.
The next day we headed over to the stadium again and checked out the Pro Shop there. Once again, Wes was in heaven.
On Wednesday we made our way home. Here we are at the airport waiging to board our plane. We both had so much fun, but we were excited to get home to our boy. That was the longest we've ever left him, at least for me. Next time we'll take him for sure though.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! What an awesome birthday gift! Glad you guys had so much FUN!

    ReplyDelete