Oakley is finally two. The last few months I've been telling people he's almost two, just because it's easier then months, and now I can just say he's two. I might not get as many funny looks now because he's the size of a three year old. We'll see exactly how big on Thursday when he has his 2 year appointment.
Anyway, Saturday we had a little family party for Oakley at a park down the street. It was pretty low key but it turned out fun.

We had lunch.


And Oakley got spoiled with presents. He got some books from the Radmalls, a little bug toy from Grandma McKnight, a fire station from Josh, Dani, and Margo, and a little helicopter from the Westenskows. He also got a 20 pack of matchbox cars that he loves lining up in a row on the floor. He could do that for hours. That was a good investment for us. :)

And the one that he was most excited about was a Hokey Pokey Elmo. He puts his hand in, and his foot in, and he even turns around. It took Oakley a while to get the hand of it, but now he can do the Hokey Pokey with Elmo.

We got another great cake this year from my friend Brittney. She's amazing. She made this cool Buzz lightyear cake for Oakley. The best part is when he woke up from his nap later that afternoon the first thing he said was "Buzz Lightyear cake". It wasn't that clear of course, but I was surprised that he actually remembered. He is getting older.
Yay for being 2! Time really has flown by! Way jealous of the cake...we had to settle for a store-bought Elmo cake and it didn't taste all that great, but looked good for the pics! Can't wait to find out where Oakley is on the charts (or rather NOT on the charts)!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy late birthday Oakley! Wow, that cake is awesome! I live your shirt.
ReplyDeleteEveryone? Excuse me, I don't believe we were invited. Can you hear how offended I am? Looked like a great party. Love the manchild as well!
ReplyDelete