McKnights

McKnights

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Oak-isms

Since my blog is pretty much my journal I want to look back later and remember all the little funny things that Oakley is doing right now, or has done in the last month or so. Sorry if this bores you, but these are precious little moments to me.
He's been talking for a long time, but about a month ago I recognized his first sentence, that I could actually understand. It was "Mom, I want yogurt." I was surprised that he put all the words together, but it was sure nice to know what he wanted. Now some of the other things he says all the time are "Get down" meaning get up off the couch/chair and get something for me, and "Pay outside" of course meaning he wants to play outside. His words are actually pretty clear, once he knows how to say them.

Since his birthday, his favorite toys to play with are his matchbox cars that he got. We got him a set of 20 cars. At first he would take them and line them all up on the floor. They all had to be facing the same way. Then when they were all lined up, he'd kick all of them and make them fly all over the floor. Then he'd say "Clean up" and put them all back in the basket. Then one day he found that he could drive them on the TV stand and they would make a little noise. And if he pushed them, they'd go by themselves and fall off the side. So now he lines them all up on one side of the TV stand and drives them across to the other side and off the stand into a basket that he strategically placed there. He did this for hours the first day he discovered this.

Another thing that he's been doing lately, is grabbing your chin and turning it towards him to get you to listen to him. If Wes and I are talking to each other and he wants to say something to one of us, he'll come over and forcefully pull our chin towards him and say "mom, mom, mom". Then once we acknowledge him, he'll tell us what he needs. It's annoying, but funny.

There are a few things on TV that he likes. One of them is the Droid commercial. As soon as it comes on there is a mechanical like voice that says "Droid" and as soon as Oakley hears that he says Droid too. The other day he was crying about something and the TV was on in the background and that commercial came on and mid cry he stopped and said "Droid" and then kept crying. Wes and I just busted up laughing.

His favorite shows right now are Curious George, and anything with the Muppets. He brings me the remote and says "Joj" for George, or "DaaaDaaa" for Animal from the muppets. He also likes "Mamo and Abby" (Elmo and Abby) from Sesame Street. He loves to sit at the computer and just watch clips on YouTube of Elmo, Animal, or Squeeker. Oakley calls him "MeeeMee".

One of the most interesting things that happened in the middle of the summer was that he opened one of his books that has a letter on each page, and would just point to the letter and say what it was. I was so surprised that he knew which ones were which, and he would do them out of order too. I think he's going to be like his dad and love to read.

Right now his diet consists of cereal, bread, gogurts, string cheese, and apples. He doesn't really eat the food we eat, unless it's like pizza, chicken nuggets, or mac and cheese. I wish I knew when his pickiness started, cause he won't eat a lot of things. Hopefully that changes soon.

Oakley loves to climb in and out of things too. Here are a few of the things he's climbed into lately.
There's many more things, but I'll save them for another post, another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment