Yesterday we got to go to the zoo. It was so beautiful outside we had to take advantage of it. I've been debating whether to buy a year pass or not, and I finally broke down and got one. Now Oakley and I can go whenever we want, and we can take one guest, so let me know if you want to go. We went with my sister Katy and her sister-in-law. It was the second time Oakley and I had been there together, and this time I think he enjoyed it much more. He actually looked at the animals.
I think his favorite was the reptile house, probably because he got to get out of the stroller and run around. He would run up to the glass and pound on it, or point to the animals. I know they say don't pound on the glass, but how do you teach that to an 18 month old.
He also loved the monkeys and the elephants. They were both putting on a show for us. The orangutan baby came right over by the window and put his arms up in the air. It was cool. Then he went back to his sleeping dad and tried to get him to play with him. It was like he was saying " Come on dad, play with me" but the dad just wanted to lay there and rest. It reminded me of Oakley and Wes after he gets home from work sometimes. Wes lays on the floor, and Oakley just climbs all over him. The baby elephant was cute too. At first we got to see him eating, and then later she was playing with a little plastic swimming pool and dragging it around.
I think his favorite was the reptile house, probably because he got to get out of the stroller and run around. He would run up to the glass and pound on it, or point to the animals. I know they say don't pound on the glass, but how do you teach that to an 18 month old.
He also loved the monkeys and the elephants. They were both putting on a show for us. The orangutan baby came right over by the window and put his arms up in the air. It was cool. Then he went back to his sleeping dad and tried to get him to play with him. It was like he was saying " Come on dad, play with me" but the dad just wanted to lay there and rest. It reminded me of Oakley and Wes after he gets home from work sometimes. Wes lays on the floor, and Oakley just climbs all over him. The baby elephant was cute too. At first we got to see him eating, and then later she was playing with a little plastic swimming pool and dragging it around.
Looks like fun, we'll have to go with you one of these times!
ReplyDelete