McKnights

McKnights

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Let there be eggs

I was really excited this year for Easter cause I knew Oakley would have so much fun finding eggs and especially eating all the candy. I was a little disappointed cause we were going to go to Cottonwood Heights Rec center just up the street for their annual Easter Egg hunt, but because of the snow, they made it a drive through instead of a hunt. We thought that was silly, so we didn't go. We were however able to go to the "Annual McKnight Easter Egg hunt" which we've never been to before. They usually do it out at the property, which is by Tooele, but because of the snow they did it in Grandpa's huge garage in West Jordan. We liked that it was close. They have a huge loft above the garage for parties, so we ate lunch up there and let the kids run around. These first pictures are of Grandpa and the three grandkids, Oakley, Scoot, and Lily. They had this fun game of gathering with grandpa, and him holding them in, and then he'd count to 3 and say "GO" and they'd all take off running around the room in a circle around the tables. It was so funny to watch. As you can see, Oakley was pretty serious as grandpa was holding him back, but once he let go, he'd run and laugh and fall, and sometimes all at the same time.
I love Oakley's shirt. "I come in peace". The back should say " I leave a mess". :)
Here's me and Oakley enjoying the yummy food everyone brought.
After eating and playing upstairs it was finally time for the Easter egg hunt. Aunt Margo helped the Easter bunny hide the eggs downstairs in the garage before anyone got there so all the kids gathered around the stairs, and they let the little ones go first. Oakley had no clue what was going on, so I took him down and showed him an egg and showed him how to put it in the basket. He got the idea, but he wasn't very good at finding the eggs. I had to show him where all of them were, then he would pick them up and put them in his bucket. At one point one of the eggs broke open and the candy fell out. I think he got more excited about the eggs after that cause he knew there was candy in them.

I got 2 eggs, I got 2 eggs, I got 2 eggs hey hey hey hey. (Sung to the tune from the Little Rascals movie)

I think Oakley enjoyed his first Easter egg hunt. Thanks Margo for putting it on, and thanks too for taking the pictures and letting me steal them cause I forgot my camera. Oh ya, and thanks Oakley for giving all your candy, except a few pieces of course, to mom and dad. It was yummy. Hehehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment