Last summer I found one of my friends from college on facebook and she had all these posts about shopping with coupons and finding great deals. I kept seeing all these pictures she would post with tons of food and products for unreal prices. I asked her how she was getting these great deals and she offered to come teach a free class on how to use coupons and use a website called groceysmarts.com. I took her up on it, and once she came, I was hooked. I've been couponing ever since. The key is getting multiple papers on sunday so you can have multiple coupons of the same thing, and then when something comes on sale, you use the coupons that you have and buy in bulk. There's a little more to it, but the website does all the hard work. I love the thrill of finding great deals, even free stuff, and building up our food storage. This week was one of the best weeks for me. I went to Smith's yesterday and bought $90 worth of food and products for only $20. That's 77% savings. I was so excited that I laid everything out on my counter and took a picture of it. Believe it or not there are 36 items there, and we will use every single one of them.
I guess the reason why I'm posting this is sort of to brag about how much I'm saving, but I really love the rush I get from finding great deals, and I just wanted to share that. I've even gotten diapers and shampoo and conditioner for free. If anyone's interested in learning more about the website that I use, let me know, and I can even hook you up with a free class taught by my friend Alison.
looks like I am shopping at Smiths next week! Love it!
ReplyDeleteWow, I feel special! Thanks Liz. It is soooo much fun getting a good deal. It's like a treasure hunt, but you find treasure all the time! It's great!
ReplyDeleteAwesome...I'm so planning a trip to Smiths in the next few days! So we need to hang out! And look at that picture of oak at 1 week...I can't believe he was so small. We need him to come organize our dvds...I'll be in touch.
ReplyDelete