McKnights

McKnights

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Quiet book

A year ago in September, before Oakley was born, my friend Karlia and I went to the State Fair to walk around and try to put me into labor. While we were there, we saw a booth about Quiet books. We stopped and looked, and it was amazing all the different pages this lady had put together and created. I think she has about 15 different quiet books with at least 10 pages each. We got her information and website and decided we both wanted to put a quiet book together for our kids. Karlia has a daughter that's about 4 months older then Oakley. Well, walking around didn't put me into labor, but the next week I had Oakley and as all of you know, I didn't have much time for anything else.

Well, last spring, this same lady had an open house at her house and I went and bought 3 packs of these quiet books. I didn't realize what I was getting in to. We set up a time to go to the ladies house so she could show us the tricks of making these books, and Karlia and I went and got bombarded with all these instructions. After that, we were on our own. We worked on them for many hours. My goal was to have mine done before I traveled to Maine in October so I could take it on the plane with us. I got it done, but it didn't work on the plane as well as I thought it would. Oakley just wanted to pull off the pieces and throw them on the floor. So we just use it for church now, which is what it's meant for. He likes it.

We didn't get Karlia's done until just before Christmas. They both look great and the kids love them. Here is the ladies website if anyone is interested, and I'm willing to help anyone put them together, just let me know. I'm really fast at it after doing 30 pages.

http://www.ldsquietbooks.com/

Here are some pictures of my favorite pages too. Most of them have pockets with things in them, or velcroed pieces that you take off.






4 comments:

  1. I would love to put one together...do I need any sewing skills? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! Good work you crafty lady you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz, you do need to be able to sew around the edges of things, and sew on velcro. If you want you can come over and I'll show you how. If you've never sewed before, it might be a little difficult, but I'm sure you could do it.

    ReplyDelete