McKnights

McKnights

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Chuck E. Cheese Please

Last week Katy, my sister, and her sister-in-law were trying to find something to do while their husbands went to the movie Avatar, and I suggested that they go to Chuck E. Cheese's. They liked the idea and I invited myself and Oakley to go with them. We had a coupon for 100 tokens for $10, which isn't that bad if you think about it. 10 cents per token, and they're usually 25 cents. So we used my coupon and shared the tokens.

The first thing I did was put Oakley on this big wheeler truck and put a token in. After 2 seconds of the car turning from side to side and forward and backward he had had enough and wanted out. I guess he doesn't like the rides. I tried to get him to go on the little merry go round, but he wouldn't, or the teeter totter things, but he wouldn't have it. He just liked walking around and pushing any button that he saw. I tried a few of the arcade games with him. Skee ball didn't work out cause he wanted to throw the balls on the floor, and those are heavy balls. We tried a spider stomping one, but he just wanted me to stomp them. The only one he really liked was a bowling one, that had a big red ball that would come out of a hole on the ground and then you're suppose to roll it like a bowling ball, but Oakley would just throw it and I'd push it down the fake lane for him. Here are a few pictures of him playing on that one:




We also tried a car racing one. We tried it with the tokens and actually raced, but Oakley didn't like me putting my leg across to his side so I could push on the gas pedal for him, so after that I just let him sit there and turn the wheel. He never really looked at the screen anyway.


We pretty much learned that we didn't need any tokens because Oakley could have just as much fun without spending any money. So we saved our tokens and went back yesterday during the day with my sister-in-law Julie and her kids, who are older, and can actually play the games. We did get some fun pictures from a picture booth that you can see below.
Oakley didn't like me helping him so he kind of threw a fit, but the picture turned out pretty funny.


We tried to get all the kids in one picture, but once again, Oakley was being a little difficult, as you can see, and pretty much shoved his cousin Lacey out of the way. It's hard not to laugh. Oh wait, we laughed our heads off.
Here's a picture of Oakley and his cousin Kayla. We missed him giving her a kiss, but at least he's smiling in this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment