McKnights

McKnights

Monday, February 8, 2010

Our second trip to the Children's museum

I found some buy one get one free coupons for the Children's museum down at the Gateway, so Oakley and I went with my sister Katy, and her baby Kayla, and our sister in law Sheri and her 4 kids. The last time Oakley and I went he was only 7 months old and couldn't really do anything but hold the little plastic balls and chew on them, but this time he was running all over the place having a great time.
He loved playing with the balls at the beginning and shoving them in all the little holes and places that they were suppose to go. He also liked hitting the musical wood pieces with the mallets. He didn't quite get the hang of it though, he kept banging on the edge.
The best part was the little area they have for 3 year olds and younger. He could climb on everything there, and he loved going down this little slide thing, which was a perfect size for him. The little tree house was fun too. The chairs in there were just his size. He'd run in, sit on the chair and then jump up and run out to slide down the slide. Then he'd climb back up and do it all over again. Even Kayla (5 mo.) fit perfectly on the little couch. Isn't she a cutie? Taylor and her friend remind me of Alice in Wonderland when she grows big and doesn't fit in the house anymore. I think they've outgrown the couch. Probably cause it's for 3 year olds.
Here are Oakley's cousins in the little jeep.
Oakley and his cousin Matt also loved the real life flight helicopter that they have outside. Oakley even looks official with his jacket that has a little symbol on it. I sure don't want to ride in the helicopter if it's pilotted by these two. Scary. The one thing I didn't get a picture of was Oakley playing in the little water exhibit. He loves water, and I think he showed it too much. He just wanted to splash it all over and the other moms didn't like that he was getting their kids all wet, so sadly we had to move on and couldn't play there as long. That's ok cause there was plenty of other things to play with.

No comments:

Post a Comment