McKnights

McKnights

Friday, February 19, 2010

Fun Times

Oakley and I are ready for springtime so we can go outside more and play, but we have had a good time inside as well. Here are a few fun pictures of some of our relaxing winter nights. (if you can call them that with Oakley running crazily around the house)
I bought him these batman pajamas, and I think it's so funny when he runs around the house in them. It even has a little cape that velcros to the back. Now all he needs is the mask.
One night Oakley kept putting his head down on the ground like he wanted to do a summer-sault, so one time Wes just gave him a nudge and pushed him over. He got right back up and did his first summer-sault, and many more that night.
I don't know where he got this from, but for some reason he likes to take items, (toys, DVD's, finger puppets, books) whatever he can find and lay them out around him. They all have to be facing up and he gets mad if you touch them, or move them. He seems so proud of himself when he does it too. He kind of wiggles his shoulders and admires his "work". It's pretty funny.
We've been babysitting cousin Kayla once a week, so we pulled out our bumbo for her, and of course Oakley wanted to sit in it also. He's a little bigger then when he first sat it in. This was a year ago. Oakley's legs don't even fit in the seat anymore. Boy has he grown. Don't worry, he has a diaper on, but I did take his pants off cause he always went #2 in this seat, and it would always get on his pants and I'd have to scrub them out, so I'd just take off his pants to eliminate that part of the mess.
I've been trying to give him more freedom at meal time, but as you can see, it's not so successful yet. Here he completely gave up on the spork in his right hand and just went at the yogurt with his other hand. Sadly he never really got much in his mouth using this technique.
Don't worry, this is just a big piece of plastic that goes on one of our shelves downstairs. Oakley found it, and of course thought it was funny to press his face against it. To be honest, we thought it was pretty funny too.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - that boy has grown! Taija loves to put things about to her face too! We of course laugh watching her smash her little face against it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man Oakley is just a little boy now, growing up and all. I love that he wanted to get back in his bumbo. I also love his organizing skills. That is so cute...and smart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the squashed nose against the plastic, what a little man he is! Can't wait to see him, 7 days!!!

    ReplyDelete