This was Oakley's 6th time playing soccer. I can't believe that he has been playing that long. I remember the first team we were on and how he would just plow over all the three year olds to get to the ball, and then he wouldn't know what to do. Now he is still the biggest one on the field, but his skills have improved a ton. He can kick the ball well and he is fast so he can catch anyone that he needs.
Sometimes you can still remember that he's only 7, and soccer isn't the most interesting sport. He has a bad habit of biting his fingernails right now, and even though he was in the middle of a game, that still didn't stop him.
This is the first time that his age group has been able to play with a goalie and he made a pretty good one... when he was paying attention.
Here are a few kids from his team and his best friend down the street, Zane. I'm glad he loves to play.
This was Tyson's first time playing soccer and he loved it. He is our most coordinated kid by far. He can kick the ball and run at the same time, and he was pretty aggressive. He made a quite a few goals the whole season. Probably the most on his team.
He loves posing for the camera now, and giving me a thumbs up. I did capture him sad at one point. I think because he only made one goal that game and not more.
Often times he would spend half the game on the ground cause he thought it was funny to fall or dive after the ball. He's so dramatic.
I love how he sticks his tongue out when he is kicking the ball. It's so funny. And Pre-K soccer is so thrilling, sometimes you just have to spin around in circles.
No comments:
Post a Comment