McKnights

McKnights

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter

I've enjoyed getting ready for Easter this year. I've never had many decorations and we've never really made it a big deal around our house, but now that Oakley is getting older it's fun to decorate and start some holiday traditions of our own. Of course this isn't a tradition, just some of the crafts I've been working on. I love these little chicks. They are so cute.
These eggs turned out better then I thought. I made them with my Activity Days girls and I absolutely love them. I might make a hundred more. You just wrap string around a water balloon and then dip it in watered down elmers glue and let it dry overnight. It was a little messy, but really easy. (Disclaimer: I found this idea on Pinterest)
This is the first year that we dyed Easter eggs at our house. Oakley has done it with Grandma before, but I decided I wanted to make it a tradition to do it with him. He loves it and he was so good to let the eggs stay in the dye for a long time to make them nice and bright. He also loved coloring on them with the crayon before we put them in the dye.
Then on Saturday morning the Easter Bunny came to our house and brought Oakley a basket with some candy. He also hid eggs all over the back yard. He left a ton! I think he was expecting more kids to be there, but it was just Oak (and Ty, but he's only like a half, if that). They both loved walking around the yard finding all the bright eggs.
I think they ended up with over 60 eggs. Can you say sugar high at our house?

3 comments:

  1. haha so cute! i love your easter eggs (the ones made of string), they are so cool! your boys are darling- they both seem so much bigger than the last time i saw them (which means we need to get together!). i hope you guys are well! text me soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! Holidays are so much fun with little ones to celebrate them with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun that Oakley is old enough to enjoy things like coloring eggs and such. I love the last picture. Your boys are sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete