McKnights

McKnights

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Random pictures from 2011

So this is just a random post with all the pictures from this past year that didn't make it into their own post, but I want them in my blog book for the year so here they are. There are many of them and they aren't in any order so bare with me. Since the program I use to make my book puts two pictures next to each other I'm just going to type after every other picture to explain what it's about to save room in the book. Over the summer I got to watch one of the neighbor boys, Maland, every Friday, so I would take Oak and him to different places to get out of the house. We went to the zoo many times, and they loved it. They were really good sitting on the dots to wait for the train, and they loved seeing the dinosaurs that they had there this summer.
We also got to go to the Children's Museum with Maland and push around these huge pool balls, and play in the full size foozball table thing. Oak and Maland became best buds and we were sad when they moved in October, but at least we have the memories. Oakley used to be impossible to take to the store with me, but we found a few ways to make it easier to take him. First of all our grocery store has these cute little carts and he loved being able to push it around, and he got really good at it. He also found the cool platform on the bottom of carts that he liked to ride on once in a while.
Here's Tyson and his first picture with Santa. Also a cute picture of his big (I think they're going to be brown) eyes. My sisters took me to lunch for my birthday at Loco Lizard in Park City, fitting huh? They dressed me up and made me hold this pink flamingo. Silly girls.

This other picture is of my primary kids downtown. For one of our activities we went to the Church History museum and got to do some fun crafts and have treats outside afterwards. They are such cute kids. Silly Oak playing in the back yard with his water toys, and using some of them as hats.
Oak chowing down on popcorn at his first movie, well the first movie that he made it all the way through, Cars 2.









Another one of Oakley's friends is LJ. They always ask to play with each other and they get along so well with each other. Here they are enjoying a day at the zoo.


Oak usually never falls asleep anywhere except his bed, so when he does fall asleep I think it's a miracle so I always take a picture.

We got to go to the State Fair again with Katy, Kayla, Jeana, and Kaelyn and Oak loved the little farm area for the kids. Oak is so silly sometimes. I always find things in wierd places, or items set up like this picture of Elmo in Oak's high chair eating cereal.

Here's a shot of Oak and his first blackish eye. I think he got it at the children's museum by standing on a foam block and falling off onto the carpet. I'm sure it's the first of many.
My three boys just hang'n out on the floor together.

And my little burrito of a baby with half smiles.






Grandma Thompson sent Tyson this cute outfit all the way from Australia. It was a little big, but we made it work and it looked cute. I'll probably put him in it when it gets warmer and I'm sure he'll fill it out then.

Oak loved helping me make homemade turtles this year. Here he is eating one of them.
Wes had surgery on his elbow three days before Christmas. They just went in and cleaned out some extra "stuff" that was floating around. Now he's on the mend and hopefully it heals well and he can get back to playing volleyball.

We also made our first big furniture purchase of our marriage, a couch. Since I pretty much broke our old one from laying on it so much when I was pregnant, we decided to get a new one, so that was our Christmas present. We found this one at Furniture Row in Draper and we love it. Both sides recline and it's long so we actually fit on it when we lay down. We love it!





All of Tyson's cousins just love holding him. Here's Rylee (4) and Julie getting their baby fix in.

This is Wes's signature hold. He always holds the babies like this, and they love it. They love it so much they both fall asleep. I have many picture of Wes and Oakley like this, so I took this one to compare to the ones I have of Oak.


I'm not big on showing my bare belly, but I took this picture one night while Oak was brushing his teeth and I though it was cute, minus the dirty mirror. Oak still loves kissing his little brother even though he's not in my belly anymore.

And I love this picture of cuddle newborn Tyson. They don't stay little for long.


Oak loved playing in the leaves last year, so this year I made sure he got out in them. Of course he had to bring his lightsaber and pretend to fall in the leaves and fight with his lightsaber. He's silly.

Can you tell that I'm obsessed with taking pictures of sleeping kids? Well I am, but this was funny cause I was just working on something in the kitchen and I heard the music on this little table playing over and over so I peeked around and Zachary, our little neighbor boy, had fallen asleep like this. It was so cute.



I've been on this crafting kick for a while now, and these are a few other projects that I finished that I never posted. The cat was only 99 cents for the wood. What a steal huh?


These two pictures were taken when Ty was less then two months old. He is already so smiley and I love it.






Oak looks so sharp in his suit. We bought it for him last winter and he loves wearing it to church and wearing a tie like daddy.


He also loves to mow the lawn with daddy as you can see. He does a really good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment