McKnights

McKnights

Monday, November 14, 2011

Introducing Baby Tyson

On Friday, November 11th we finally got to meet our new son and brother, Tyson Drew. We were scheduled to be induced so at 6:30 in the morning the hospital called and told us to get there by 7:00. We were happy to get in there early and get things going. By 7:30 they had started me on Pitosin, 9:30 I got an epidural, 10:45 I felt like pushing, and at 11:02 baby Tyson made his appearance. It all went so fast, especially at the end. I even had to hold off till the Doctor could get in the room. Everyone keeps mentioning that I should have waited 9 more minutes so he could have been born at 11:11, but I really didn't have a choice, this kiddo was coming. We did pretty good with so many 11's though. He was born at 11 o'clock in room 11 on 11/11/11. I'd say that's a pretty lucky number for this kid. He was 8 lbs 9 oz and 20 inches long. Both baby and mommy are doing really well, and we've had no serious issues, so it's a blessing to get him here and start enjoying him. Here's our new family of four: Proud daddy Big brother Grandma and Grandpa and Aunt Katy helped out by Taking care of Oakley while we were in the hospital. It was so nice knowing he was in good hands.
He had so much hair. It's long and black. Oakley loves his new little brother. He's been really soft with him and gets excited every time we talk about baby Tyson. The first day when he came to see us in the hospital we asked him what he thought about baby Tyson and he said "He's cool". Then he ran around the room jumping on mommy and all the furniture. He was just so excited.
Babies are always so cute when they sleep, and Tyson is no different. Here he is all snug as a bug in mommies bed: His "going home" outfit. He might actually fit in newborn clothes for more then a week, unlike Oakley. And here's Tyson in his little play pen that we set up in the living room, so he's up away from the craziness of big brother. The last picture is of Oakley when he was one day old and now Tyson. There are some resemblances. I think they could be brothers.

5 comments:

  1. cute pictures... it is good to have him here. Hope you are getting rest and West is taking Oakley to do fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Congratulations...what an exciting birthday date! We are so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Liz! He is really cute!! He looks like Oakley to me too! You look stunning! You have the new momma glow!! Let me know if you need anything these next few weeks! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Liz! What a beautiful new addition to your awesome little family. He is beautiful!! I love all the 11's!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is a cute little bundly! You are a good Mom, Liz! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete