McKnights

McKnights

Monday, October 24, 2011

More Birthday pics

So I posted pictures from Oakley's party at Boondocks, but I never posted pics from his party at home, and I want to have these so we can remember his cake and gifts later. We just had dinner with my side of the family and cake afterwards. We let Oakley pick his cake this year. We went to Smiths, and it took him seriously 15 minutes to decide on which one. I personally think he didn't really like any of them, but we finally talked him in to an Elmo cake. If there had been a Star Wars one he for sure would have chosen that one, but they didn't. The coolest part was that my parents usually Skype us from Australia on Sunday nights around 6:30, which is when we had this party, so I told everyone that if they didn't call by then we'd cut the cake. Well, it was almost right on the dot, they called and we got to have them join us while we sung to Oak and let him blow out the candles on the cake. I'm sure they enjoyed that, even if they didn't get to have any cake.


We got some cupcakes too, and that's what Oakley chose to eat. He only ate the frosting off the top with the little fishi decoration that came with it, and not the cake part. Whatever, it's his birthday, right. It made his mouth all blue.


Then we opened presents. He didn't get much, but he was excited about what he did get. Wes found him a green lightsaber, so now he has 3. I got him Star Wars pajamas and underwear. He loved all of them, especially the light saber. Now he could have a threeway fight:



It's so hard to get a picture of him right now cause he always wants to move when he says cheese, so this is the best one I got of his new "jammas". He sure looks tired from all that lightsaber fighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment