McKnights

McKnights

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Crafting Kick

So even though I've been in the primary presidency for a few years, somehow this year I was volunteered to find a wood craft for super saturday in Relief society. (Ok, I know why they volunteered me. It's cause I suggested doing a super saturday in the first place, and when they weren't going to do a wood craft, I suggested that they do a wood craft, so naturally, since they asked our opinion of what we wanted and I wanted this I was in charge. Whatever) Anyway, I went to this store called the Wood Connection and I fell in love with it. I had ordered stuff from them before, but I had never really been inside the craft part and it was awesome. They had so many cut things. You can check out their blog here: http://thewoodco.blogspot.com/.
I found some things to do for our super saturday and I found some other stuff that I just wanted for my own house. So during conference I whipped out this fun decoration that matches my living room really well.
Then I had my sister Katy, and sister-in-law Julie over one day and we worked on the projects for my super saturday. Here they are:










The temple one was just Katy's project, but it turned out cute too. We had fun working on these and decided we were going to get together once a month and choose a wood craft to do. I'm excited cause I love doing crafty things like this.

3 comments:

  1. Wow those are all so cute! I might have to join you on one of your crafting days. I have NO holiday type decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I need to know how the Temple project was completed. I want to make one.

    ReplyDelete