McKnights

McKnights

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Best Husband in the World

For the last two years our Anniversary has been pretty interesting. First of all, two years ago I was pregnant with Oakley. We were living in the basement of our house while we were tearing out and redoing our kitchen so it was double crazy around our place. Well, on the day of our Anniversary I told Wes he needed to be home around 4:00 because I had a surprise. So, he came home and he had no clue what was going on. He and his coworkers could not figure out why I would surprise him with something, until I handed him a present that I got him. He had totally spaced our anniversary. His excuse was that he was thinking all about the baby because it was exactly a month until my due date. Our anniversary is the 27th of August and Oakley was due on the 27th of September. (I'll give him that). Anyway I took him to dinner and we had a nice night.
Last year he just completely spaced it and had no excuse. So this year I told him, since he blew the last two years, he had to plan something for us and it better be good.
Well, he delivered.
He didn't tell me where we were going. It was all a surprise. We got my sister, Katy, to watch Oakley over night and he took me up to Park City to the Silver King Hotel.
It was pretty awesome. Here are some pictures of our room.
The absolute best thing was that there was a full size hot tub in the room. It was soooooo cool! I think we spent half the time in the hot tub. It felt so good. If only the hot tub in our back yard worked. Let's not get into that.
As we were leaving for dinner we saw a fire across the street from our hotel. I'm glad it was on that side of the street and not ours.
Wes took me to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse for dinner. It was the best steaks we've ever had. It was delicious. Too bad we can only afford to go there once every 10 years.
The next day we went to the Park City Mountain Resort and rode on some of their rides.
Here we are heading up the lift for the Alpine Slide, and Wes ready to go down the slide.

They have this new ride called the Coaster that's way awesome. You sit on these little tobogan things and get buckled in. Then It pulls you up the mountain like a roller coaster. At the top it lets you go and you do have breaks, but there's no way you can fall off, so you just cruise down and around. It's pretty amazing.

(Left) Here's the start of the coaster. It pulls you across that bridge and then straight up the mountain to the left. (right) This is at the bottom of the huge hill that it pulls you up.

This is at the top of the hill.
I didn't get a picture of the actual coaster part cause I didn't want to drop my camera. It was pretty fast.

Afterwards we walked up and down Main street in Park City. We found this little restaurant that had a deck outside, so we ate lunch there. It was nice.
All in all I had a great time, and Wes made up for the past two years. He's a wonderful husband and a great father, and I'm so glad we decided to get married 8 years ago. Thanks Wes for a wonderful 8 years. I love you!

1 comment: