McKnights

McKnights

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Room ideas

Many of you might not know this, but I love interior decorating. I started liking it in high school when I was in an advanced interior design class and we got to help decorate and furnish a house that the school district built. It was way fun, and I've always wanted to design my own space. Too bad everything is expensive, or I'd have my house covered with accessories and such. Well, I got to do my kitchen two years ago, and now we're on to the bedrooms, which are absolutely clean slates, other then the yucky carpet, which will be gone as soon as we save up.
I've had some pictures in my mind of what I want, and I've been looking on the internet for rooms that are similar. I've found two that I like and want to know your opinion.

This first one is for Oakley's room, which I've actually already bought the paint for. Dark blue on the top half with a chair rail and white wainscoting on the bottom. All the trim will be white and the furniture will be white. I'll add some accents of red here and there. The theme of the room will be sportsy. I decided on this color scheme because while I was preggo with Oak I made a big cross stitch thing that has his name and birthday on it, and it's mostly red, white, and blue with different sports equipment.
http://www.roomzaar.com/rate-my-space/Boys-Rooms/A-navy-blue-big-boy-room/detail.esi?oid=16161345
The other room is going to be the nursery, for our next baby, which is not on the way yet. This is not an announcement. All of my crib bedding and accessories are sage, white and brown, so I was going to paint the walls sage, but I decided not to since it won't be a nursery for ever. So I decided on a neutral color for the walls, brown, the same as our living room, and white furniture. The sage bedding will be the accent color, and I found these cute monkeys and animals at Babies R' Us that I can hang on the wall. The one thing I can't decide is whether to do two colors in this room too, or just stick with one. In the picture I found it has white on the bottom, which I like, but I don't want it to be too much like Oakley's room.
http://www.roomzaar.com/rate-my-space/Nurseries/Gender-Neutral-Nursery-Oasis/detail.esi?oid=16378368
So, if you want, take a look at the rooms and tell me what you think. I'd love to hear any suggestions.

1 comment:

  1. I love those colors...for both rooms! I don't think you would need to add another color to the nursery with sage being an accent color, not to mention when you do get pregnant and find out what you are having you could add decorations with a little more gender specific color...but that's just my opinion! Love that you get to decorate the rooms...one day I will have a house (ten years from now)!

    ReplyDelete