We are almost done with our bedroom project. Yes, it's been almost 3 whole months, but it is already so worth it. We hired someone to come in and do the mudding for us, and it was way worth it, and they did a much better job then we ever could have. It was pretty cheap too. This is how the mudding looks:

I also hired my sister-in-law's brother, Rich, who is also my good friend, to come frame in the doors and put the trim up. That was well worth it too, cause it probably would have taken us days, and it only took him a few hours. It looks really nice and professional. Thanks Rich.

For the last week or so we've been painting every chance we get. My mom watched Oakley one day so Wes and I could prime everything without little hands getting in the way. And now every day during Oakley's nap and after he goes to bed we paint as much as we can. We've gotten the white ceilings and closets done, and all the white trim completed. Now all we have to do is add color. Here's the trim and one of the closets. It's the same view as above, if you can't tell.

Like I said before, we work after Oakley goes to bed, otherwise this is what happens. He loves climbing up and down the ladder and playing with the tools on top.

The other day he saw me unscrewing the outlet covers and taping over them with blue tape, so while we weren't looking he took a screw driver and shoved it into one of the boxes. I think he got a little shock from it, yikes. Don't call the authorities on us, we've put up a gate now so he can't go down the hall anymore.
We are so close to being done that we just couldn't wait to bring Oakley's crib back upstairs with us. I should also mention that it gets extremely cold downstairs now with our AC on all day. That may have played a roll in our dicision as well. We put the crib in one of the rooms while we are painting the other, and then we'll switch rooms.
Stay posted cause in a week or so I should have the finished product to show you. Cross your fingers.
No comments:
Post a Comment