McKnights

McKnights

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Seven Peaks

My sister Katy and I, being the couponers that we are, found a coupon in the mail for a free pass to Seven Peaks Water Park for Salt Lake County Residents. We're always looking for free stuff to do, so we decided to pack up our two kids and head down there yesterday. It took us a while to get in and settled, mainly because I insisted on bringing food in and they wouldn't let us. We had to eat outside the park and leave our cooler there, but in the end it worked out. We hauled our two stollers, canopy, blanket, and about 6 bags in and found a place to set up. Then we were off to the water.

We floated around in the lazy river and sat in the wave pool, but Oakley's favorite part was the little kid area. They had a huge floating crocodile, and a few kid slides that were about 20 feet long. This kid loves slides, and he could have stayed there all day. I think we were there for about an hour going down the slides. One of us would be at the top and help him walk through the water and sit down, and the other one of us would be at the bottom to catch him, since the water came right up to his chin. Then he'd climb up the steps and do it again. He's so funny. I wish we could have gotten a picture of him on the slides, but we were both busy helping on either end. He was mad when we left the slides, but soon got over it when he got his milk.

We did get a few pictures of us in the wave pool.
After about two and a half hours we went to get a snack and we saw some storm clouds rolling in. We didn't want to get caught in a storm, so we decided to pack up and head out. We'd had enough fun for one day. The kids were exhausted too. It's nice when you go places and don't pay, so you don't feel like you have to stay the whole day. Here's the two munchkins ready to go home. I don't know what Oak was doing. He did say "cheeeese" when I took the picture. He must have had water in his ears or something.
Maybe next year we can find a free pass and go again. I think for now, we'll stick to the cheap, close stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment