McKnights

McKnights

Friday, May 21, 2010

Phase 2 and 3 of remodel

It's taken us a while, but we are finished with phase 2 and almost done with phase 3 of our bedroom remodel. For phase 2, electrical work, Wes was the mastermind behind all of that. It took him a few weeks, but he had some crazy stuff to work with and figure out, including hidden junction boxes in the wall, climbing in the boiling hot attic more then 20 times, feeding a chord from the attic to the basement, and the worst, dealing with the previous owners "electrical skills" when they remodeled the first time. I am so proud of him for figuring everything out on his own. He is so smart, and I love him. Here's a picture of some of the electrical stuff that Wes put in.
Phase 3 started last saturday with the help of my dad and his trailer. He helped us get the sheetrock that we needed and we've been working on that this whole week. Wes has been working on it every night after he gets home from work. He's such a trooper. Here are a few pictures of his handy work.
Today I decided I wanted to give it a shot, so while Oakley was watching Elmo I finished one whole room all by myself. It was actually fun. I liked it cause it's like a puzzle. I did the whole top half of the drywall. Impressive huh? You can hire me for $100/hr if you want. The two pictures above are the same view. Isn't it fun to see the change?
Here's another view of the work that I did.
Another little mini phase that we had to deal with was the old doorway to the old bedroom. We had to remove it so that the hall didn't have this random doorway in the middle of it. Wes did this the other night and it makes such a difference now. It opens the hall up so much and he didn't even do that much damage. It looks great, as you can see in the pictures above. You can see on the wall and the floor where the old doorway was.
Our goal is to have the sheetrock done by the end of the weekend so we can hire a mudder to come in and mud for us. We decided that after our horrific job mudding in the kitchen that we should just hire that part out so that it looks nice. I think that will save our marriage. ;)
Stay tuned for more phases to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment