Yesterday we went to the doctor for Oakley's 18 month appointment. The last time we went she said that he had gained quite a bit of weight and that was unusual. He has always been right above the highest curve on the growth chart, but last time the curve had turned up because of his weight. So, I started being more concious of what food I was feeding him. I'm still not the best, cause I give him cookies and fries and stuff, but I try to throw more fruits and breads in there. Anyway, when we went back yesterday, he was back on track with his weight. He weighed in at a whopping 35 lbs and is 36 1/2 inches tall. He's the size of a regular 3 1/2 year old. I wish I could say that by him being so heavy my arms are way toned, but I rarely carry him now. I just make him walk, unless we're in a hurry of course. Wes brought up the point that usually you can tell how tall someone is going to be by doubling their height at 2 years old, and if that's true, Oakley's already passed 6 feet and he still has five months to go. Sweet!
I didn't have a picture of him at the doctor, but here is one of him wearing one of my shirts. It's pretty cute. I think he'll fit in to it sooner then we think.
I didn't realize he was 3 feet. He is going to be a tall kid!
ReplyDelete