While Wes and I were in Cancun early, we went to a place called Xplor. It was the coolest place I have ever been. You have to wear a helmet the whole time because you had to walk underground through caves and tunnels to get from one place to another. They had underground rivers to walk/swim/canoe through, ziplines that went for miles, ATV's, and an amazing buffet.
While you are doing all the activities, they have cameras everywhere that take pictures and they track it to your helmet. We decided to pay for it so we could remember how much fun it was. In some places you could scan your wristband and take pictures too. They had some fun spots all over and we probably had too much fun taking random pictures, but hey, we paid for all of them.
I was a little worried that Wes wouldn't do some of the activities because they involved water, but he did them all and loved them. Here we are walking/swimming through an underground cave. It took about 20-30 minutes to walk through and it was so cool to just be there and see what amazing formations there were. At the end the only way out was to swim into this cenote (shown below in red) with water pouring in all the way around it. It was pretty deep, but it was amazing and Wes did it. He didn't stay for long, but I am proud of him for that.
I think our favorite part was the ziplining. It was miles and miles of zip-lines. You would climb up a big tower, and zip to the next tower. Then you'd climb up that tower and zip to the next one. I think there were at least 10 towers that you climbed. It was amazing to fly down the zip-line over the canopy of trees.
There were two different zip-line courses. One of them ended with a fun little water slide down into a pool in a cave. The other one was a zip-line right down into the water in a cave.
We even got a little nap in the hammocks that they had. What a beautiful place to spend a fun day.


































No comments:
Post a Comment