McKnights

McKnights

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

January 2017

We have gotten so much snow this winter. I love the look right after it snows and everything is covered and it's so quiet and peaceful. 
 
 
Oak was excited that he got to play basketball. He was the tallest on the team, but he has a long ways to go skillwise. The coach was good at teaching him how to stand under the basket and call for the ball with his hands. By the end of the season he was doing pretty well, and he even made a few shots.
 
 
 
 Poo Buzz and Woody did not last through three children. Dax really beat them up. He is more of a Sid than an Andy that's for sure. I felt a little bad throwing Buzz in the garbage, but maybe the aliens will save him, wink wink.
 Katy and I decided we needed to do a wood project so this is what we found. I LOVE it, and it fits on my front entry table perfectly.
Last year Oakley was quite upset that he didn't make it to the school spelling bee, so this year we made sure to practice the words. He came in 2nd in his class, so he went to the 2nd/3rd grade school spelling bee. He did really well, and I was so proud of him. He spelled the following words correctly: Sandbox, flicker, trance, and vocabulary, which we didn't ever practice, but he sounded everything out really well. The word he missed was gymnastics, but that's a hard one and we hadn't practiced it either. There were only 8 kids left standing after him, so he took 9th place in the whole 2nd and 3rd grade. We were super proud of him.
 
 
 I was getting a little cabin fever and decided to undertake cleaning out and dejunking our storage room. We originally had three bookshelves full of book, and I got rid of more than half of those so now we are down to one and a half bookshelves. The picture above is all the junk moved into the weight room so I could organize and the pictures below is half way through the process of the whole ordeal.
 
Once again, cabin fever got the best of us, so Kelly and I decided to take the kids to the church with our cool blow up ball and the kids had a blast. They took turns sitting inside of it while everyone else pushed them around the gym. It was a fun day, and we were all exhausted afterwards. 
 This Daxy boy is so cute. I thought it was a little silly that he was carrying around a gun and an American flag.

No comments:

Post a Comment