It was nice to bring Dax home from the hospital. I enjoy my time "relaxing" at the hospital, if you can call it that, but its always nice to get home and start figuring out life with a new baby.
Daxton was a really good baby. I feel like I learned quite a bit from my first two kids, so it was much easier this time around. He got on a good schedule of eating every three hours, and sleeping in between. Wes and I worked out a good night time routine where we would trade off so both of us got enough sleep. He got the first shift at night while I got 2-3 hours of sleep and then I took the rest of the night. It worked really well for us. Wes ended up taking 3 full weeks off of work, which was so nice! He could take care of the older kids while I focused on the baby. This made it so I could have precious moments like this:
Grandma Mcknight was in Montana the day that Dax was born, so she didn't get to see him for almost a week. She was dying to get home and see her fifth grandbaby.
His hair is so long. I finally figured out how to do a mohawk. He also gets an old man's comb over too.
I love him when he's asleep. There's something about a newborn when he sleeps that's just so cute. He's also cute when he's awake too.
The boys love their new brother. Tyson finally asked to hold Dax after about a week. He was so excited to hold his little brother. Tyson says " I Yike Baby Gaxon".











No comments:
Post a Comment