About a week before Daxton's due date I ended up going up to Silver Lake two days in a row. The first with the youth for a hike, and the second with Grandma and Grandpa and a few of the cousins. We love going up there and walking around the beautiful lake.
"Look mom, I found a bug!"
We were also fortunate on this trip to Silver Lake to get completely blocked in by cars. We were some of the first people there that night so we parked next to the other cars that were there. When we were done walking around the lake, we went back to the car to find this:
We were completely surrounded by cars on all sides. WHO DOES THIS? We rode up with Katy and she was kind of freaking out. I just laughed and figured we'd just have to wait for the rude people to come back. Mom and dad drove separate, but parked somewhere else so they made sure we were ok, and had to get home, so they left. The problem was we had four kids that don't wait very well. Good thing Katy has a DVD in her car, so we sat the kids in there with some snacks and put a show on. Soon people started coming to their cars, but they weren't the cars we needed. They were the ones next to us that were also blocked in. Eventually, someone came that was kitty-corner to the car next to us and as a group we were able to use 50-point turns and get their car out, and then our car out. It was kind of a miracle. I left some mean notes on the cars telling them "Thanks for making it extremely hard for us to get our car out!"
Usually I play in the volleyball tournament in Park City on the 4th of July, but since I am pregnant, I couldn't this year. So Wes got to play and I got to take the boys to our Ward neighborhood breakfast at the church. They had a bike parade too, so the boys decorated their bikes (although Tyson didn't want any decorations on his) and they got to ride them around the church.



That evening we went to the Holladay Fireworks show with grandpa. The boys were a little restless, but it was still fun to watch, and not too crowded.
Since Wes didn't get to see the kids in their bike parade, Oakley was more then willing to show him his scooter and how he rides it. Yes he was in his shorty short jammies, which I personally love.
Oakley got to go to his friend Ella's Super Hero birthday party. He dressed up as Ironman. They did some fun obstacle courses, and Oakley's favorite part was riding the zipline down.
Oakley got to go to his friend Ella's Super Hero birthday party. He dressed up as Ironman. They did some fun obstacle courses, and Oakley's favorite part was riding the zipline down.
My little Tyson is not going to be my baby much longer. He will be a big brother. Right before Dax was born I relaxed on the couch as much as I could, and I enjoyed with my little Tyson would come relax with me. He loved taking selfies of us. He's such a wild child.
Of course for my Birthday we had to go down to The Roof restaurant. I love the desserts there. And the food is ok too. It was also my pre-delivery dinner. I like having one really good meal before I have my babies cause I never know when my next one will be. With Oak it was Sizzler, Tyson was Chuck-a-Rama (I know, but I crave their scones), and now with Dax we stepped it up a bit. YUM!




















No comments:
Post a Comment