Well Daxton Gunnar McKnight is here. He came a whole day early. We had our induction date for July 11th, (11/11 would have been awesome) but he decided he didn't want to wait. On the night of July 9th Wes and I went to bed around 11:30 or midnight and I might have slept for an hour or so. Then I woke up around 1:00 and couldn't get comfortable. My back started aching a little, and the more I thought about it, it would ache and then relax and then ache and relax. I thought that maybe these were contractions. I never really had a normal labor with contractions for the other two kids. With Oakley I woke up in the morning and my back hurt really bad. We went to the hospital and I was dilated to a 6. Tyson was induced, so all of my contractions were at the hospital and I got an epidural fast. So even with it being my third pregnancy I still didn't know what it would feel like.
I got out of bed and went and laid on the couch with my phone for a stop watch. I started timing the pain. The first one was about 8 minutes apart, then the next came 7, the 6, then 5. Now it was getting a little more painful and pretty frequent. It was still just mainly in my back. I went and woke up Wes and told him I thought I was having contractions. He got up and we started packing our bags for the hospital. Just in those five to ten minutes the contractions got much more painful, so I called my mom. By this time it was about 2:15 and my mom couldn't get here fast enough. The contractions got really bad, and I couldn't even sit or talk during them. I pretty much just waited in the garage for her to get there. She arrived a little after 2:30 and we were off. Boy do I hate those rides to the hospital. It seems like they take forever. Good thing there was nobody on the road at that hour.
We got to the hospital, and I was in a ton of pain. The nurses were pretty fast about getting me to a room and checking me in. I was dilated to a 7 at this point. They had the anesthesiologist come as fast as he could and I was so grateful to see him. I know people say that the epidural is the worst part, but it is nothing compared to the intense pain of a contraction. As soon as I had the epidural I could feel my legs numbing up. He gave me a spinal so it would work faster, but that meant that I was completely numb and I would be for much longer than a regular epidural. Oh it was so much relief though. Before I got it, I didn't want to talk to anyone, or move because of the pain, and after I could just lay there comfortably and I didn't feel any more contractions. Awwww! I don't know how anyone goes through all that pain.
It was about 3:30 when this happened, and they called my doctor and had him come in. Around 4:45 he had me start pushing and within about 3 contractions worth of pushes Daxton came sliding out. He had tons of hair and he was pretty pouty for the first little while, but he soon got over that.
He ended up being 9 pounds and 21 inches long, born at 4:58AM.
While I was in labor my dad came to our house to stay with the boys and my mom came to the hospital to be with us for the delivery. It was fun to have her there and very comforting. Then after Dax was born she brought the boys to the hospital to meet their new brother and Katy met her there so she could take them with her and mom could get some sleep, since we woke her up in the middle of the night.
The boys were excited about Dax. Oak much more then Tyson. I don't think Ty really knew what was going on. He just liked climbing on the window in my room.
This is Oakley's hand on his head. Isn't it so funny?
Our first family of 5 picture.
We had a few visitors. The Thompsons, Grandma and Grandpa Thompson came back, Grandma Margaret, Margo, Jeana, and Westenskows.
Here are his bath pictures. As soon as I could, I text Margo to come so she could take pictures. She loved the excuse to get out of work.
The second night I was at the hospital I had Wes bring the boys and hang out with me. The watched the Lego Movie and snuggled with Dax.
For his going home outfit Wes picked out this cute little polo with shorts. He was so handsome. Too bad he grew out of it the first week he was home.










































No comments:
Post a Comment