McKnights

McKnights

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Ty's first stitches


Well it was bound to happen sooner of later. Tyson got his first stitches today. It was only a year ago that Oakley had to get his, so Ty broke the record at 2 years and 3 months old. It was kind of a crazy thing cause he did it at church in Nursery. Wes had dropped him off and I was teaching the young women. About ten minutes in to church one of the Primary presidency came in with him and he wasn't crying but he looked a little sad and I could see the big gash in his lip. I guess he was running or climbed on the chair, I don't even know the whole story, but he fell and hit his lip. It wasn't bleeding that much we just had to blot it once in a while. Anyway, she couldn't find Wes, so I text him and told him to come find me asap and I just kept teaching with Ty sitting on my lap. (later I found out that I accidentally sent the text to my secretary instead of Wes so he never got it) About 15 minutes later Wes came and grabbed him and I finished my lesson. He had been home working on a call from work.

After I was done teaching we had a chance to look at it and talk to a ward member who is a doctor and we decided to take him up to Primary's cause it probably needed to be stitched. We took Oakley to Julie and Ben's house and then headed up to Primary's. Because he was so young and the cut was on his face, they decided to put Tyson under while they stitched him up. So they gave him an IV and he was a little awake but couldn't move. He started coming out of it a little early and had to give him more medicine. I believe he got 3 stitches. We have a video of him as he was coming out of the anesthesia and he couldn't figure out what his hand had on it and he kept moving it around and was really drowsy. It was pretty funny.

We're glad he's ok, and that it wasn't too bad. I'm sure this won't be the last time we take this child to the Emergency Room.

Here are a few pictures of before and after. It was pretty awesome cause they had a nurse or a helper that was just for keeping the kids entertained, and she had an iPad with some fun games on it. Tyson loved that part of it.
These pictures are of him as he's coming out of the anesthesia. It was pretty funny to see him so loopy.
He tried to sit up at one point, and totally fell forward. Good thing I was there to catch him.


No comments:

Post a Comment