I love that we live five minutes from the mountains, and I always want to head up the canyons as soon as I see some color on them. So, last Sunday I made the boys take a ride up Little Cottonwood Canyon with me. Usually we go up to Silver Lake by Brighton but this year we decided to be daring and just drive until we wanted to stop. Well we got to the top of the canyon and there was nowhere to park because everybody had the same idea as us and there was a police officer giving tickets to cars on the side of the dirt road. Wierd huh? Anyway, we went back down a ways to Alta's parking lot and it turned out perfect. We walked along the side of the road and took a few pictures and had a great time. When we were about to leave Oakley said "But I want to go to the canyon!" I don't think he really understood what the canyon was. He also told us on the way up that the mud was coming out of his ears so he could hear again. And when we got on the dirt road he said that it was shaking his heart. What a silly boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment