Today we finished two of the projects that have been on my list for quite a while. They were projects that needed to be done before we get new carpet, which hopefully is in the near future. They aren't completely done because I still have to touch them up and put the final coat of paint on, but other then that, they are intalled and they look great.
The first project started back in June when we took out our railing in the living room that was ugly, unstable, unsafe, and too low for our tall kids. It runs along our stairs in the living room and was really an eye sore. We had our friend, Rich, built us a half wall and even before we painted it we loved it so much more. Now we can put our piano up against it and not over a heater vent and we won't fear for our children's lifes if they push against it. I love how it turned out, and I must say, I'm getting pretty good at this building and designing stuff. I really love seeing the changes.
Our second project was replacing our lovely 70's looking door and sidelight with a much more modern look and a much more energy efficient feel. Besides just being ugly as heck, our old door let in tons of cold air in the winter and hot air in the summer. I always had a blanket behind the bottom of the door to try to keep some of the air from coming in, but it didn't always work. Our same friend, Rich, put the door in for us today and he did an awesome job. I still need to paint it, but I'm sure I'll get around to it in the next week or so. For now, I'm just enjoying the non-yellow light that comes in and the warm air that stays in the house.


love it! looks so good! you ARE good at that stuff liz! :)
ReplyDelete