McKnights

McKnights

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter Fun

We had tons of fun this past weekend. It started off with an Easter Egg hunt at Aunt Katy's house. We had 10 of the grandkids there. Katy's yard was perfect for finding eggs. As soon as we opened the doors they were off. Oak caught on really quick and found a bunch of eggs.




It was fun to see all the little ones with their baskets.



Then, after the egg hunt and dinner, the kids played a little Red Rover. It was Oakley's first time, and he didn't really get it, cause every time they called someone's name, he would just start running to the other side, but he would never run into their arms, he'd just stop. I guess he still needs work on that game.



Then on Saturday morning I decided to take Oak to our city Easter egg hunt at Cottonwood Heights. There were a ton of people there and Oakley was so patient to wait until the horn blew. They had different sections for all the age groups so we were in the 0-2 group. When the horn blew we ran out and were only able to grab 2 eggs before they were all gone. Some of the kids didn't get any. There were some volunteers walking around with baskets full of eggs that they were throwing out, so we got a few more, but it was a joke. I don't know why they didn't spread all of those out too, cause they were just getting mawled for the eggs. Anyway, I had never been to a public one before, but I don't think we'll go back again after that.

Here's Oak saying, "Where'd all the eggs go?"

We did get a few and I let him eat the treats right there.




The only good thing was that there was a fire truck and Oakley got to climb on it. We did get a free book too.

Then later Saturday night we headed to the McKnight's and had fun with Oakley's cousins, Scoot and Lily. It was the first time for Oakley to dye eggs. He loved it, and it wasn't even that messy.



The grandkids love their grandpa!


Then the Easter Bunny came and left fun little buckets for the kids, and tons of eggs. Oakley loved running around finding all the eggs he could. I think this is the way to go from now on.




We had a great weekend with lots of treats, and lots of family.

No comments:

Post a Comment