McKnights
Thursday, April 7, 2011
Where we've been
I haven't posted anything for a while cause I've been too busy playing volleyball. It seems like everyone wants to squeeze one more indoor tournament in before the nice weather comes and everyone moves their game outside. Two weeks ago, I went to Vernal with some girlfriends and had a great time playing there. We had so much fun reminiscing and enjoying each others company, and we played great. We did have to find a sub after the second match cause one of the girls sprained her ankle. It didn't help that she's like 7 months pregnant. We ended up taking 3rd place after being screwed in the seeding of the tournament, which if you know me is a big deal. I was pretty upset about it. Anyway, we had a great time and had some good laughs. Then this past weekend Wes and I left Oakley with his parents and we went to Moab and played in a coed tournament. It was beautiful down there and we had tons of friends to hang out with. Our team was awesome, and we ended up taking 1st place after having to fight back from the losers bracket. It was really a fight too. The championship match went 3 games, all of them 2 points apart, and then since we won that we had to play an "if" game to win the whole thing. We barely won that 28-26. It was intense, but so exciting when we finally won. I admit I was jumping and screaming so loud that I peed a little. :) Well, no pictures, cause I forgot my camera on both trips, but at least you know we're still alive and hanging in there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh so super jealous! Who did you play with in Moab?! Glad you guys won!
ReplyDeleteIt was me and Wes, Jeana and Wayne, Aja, and Jordan Colton. That final match was against Bates, Amani, Chris Tye, Lane, Brandi, and Ellie. It was super intense. We missed you guys, but your mom represented. ;)
ReplyDeleteIt was tons of fun! So glad I could play with you! You're my favorite :) Still haven't heard back from the lady about the seeding issue.
ReplyDeleteGlad you are playing tons of volleyball. Bryan and I are finally playing a ton again after 3 years of little volleyball. We have even taken up wallyball. So very difficult. Glad you beat Lane. I though Bates had learned?
ReplyDeleteBTW I forgot to mention that if I was running the tournament there would have never been a seeding issue
ReplyDelete