McKnights

McKnights

Thursday, February 10, 2011

East Canyon, the Winter version

Tuesday night Oakley and I got to head up to East Canyon to spend a little time with Grandma and Grandpa before they take off for the MTC on monday. We love East Canyon and it's so different in the winter. We get to go play in the snow and sled down the huge hill that they have there, and then we get to come out of the cold in the nice cozy condo and drink hot chocolate and play games and watch movies. The hot tub is even open, but we didn't make it there this time. It really is relaxing and fun.
Oakley's favorite part was the sledding. I didn't know how he'd do, but he loved pulling the old wooden sled that my dad's had since he was a kid. He also loved riding on it while I pulled it. That's how he got up the hill. Then we'd ride down together. When we'd get to the bottom he'd get mad that I was getting off. He'd say "Mom, sit there" and point to the sled. I wish I could have just sat there while he pulled me up. Maybe some day. He did end up going down by himself on his stomach a few times, and he loved that. I didn't get a picture though, cause I was at the top of the hill. But here's the ones I did get, so enjoy.
Yes, he even went backwards a few times.
And he let grandpa take him once.
Of course, we loved the hot chocolate afterwards. I think Oak had two whole sippy cups full.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh it makes me cold just looking at those pics! Glad you could enjoy hot chocolate...it's just not the same if it's not cold outside!

    ReplyDelete