I had a post a while back with Oakley "talking" to the video camera and you couldn't understand a word he was saying. My friend said it sounded like he was saying stickers stuck in the grass, but who knows what he was talking about. Well, this post was suppose to follow that one, but it took me a while to edit the video enough so that it wouldn't take days to upload it. So here's the post about Oakley's other language.
I think I've mentioned this before, but Oakley and I started watching these "Baby Signing Time" videos that I get from the library when he was about 10 months old. He seemed to like them, but he never really did many of the signs. He would do 'more' and 'please' but that's about it. Well, when we went to California in November all of a sudden he just started doing all the signs that we had been watching. Since then he does almost every sign that's on the movies, which is over 90 signs, and we just keep learning more and more. It has been so nice, because he can tell us what he wants even though he doesn't talk. The ones he uses the most are more, please, bath, eat, drink, all done, grandma, cat, and dog. I made my sister Katy video tape him doing some signs with me "translating" them a while back, so I thought I'd share before he starts talking and not using signs at all. I know some people are worried that their kids won't talk as much or as soon if they learn sign language first, but as you saw from one of my previous posts, I'm not worried about that cause Oakley talks plenty, and at least in sign language I know what he's saying. :)
I think I've mentioned this before, but Oakley and I started watching these "Baby Signing Time" videos that I get from the library when he was about 10 months old. He seemed to like them, but he never really did many of the signs. He would do 'more' and 'please' but that's about it. Well, when we went to California in November all of a sudden he just started doing all the signs that we had been watching. Since then he does almost every sign that's on the movies, which is over 90 signs, and we just keep learning more and more. It has been so nice, because he can tell us what he wants even though he doesn't talk. The ones he uses the most are more, please, bath, eat, drink, all done, grandma, cat, and dog. I made my sister Katy video tape him doing some signs with me "translating" them a while back, so I thought I'd share before he starts talking and not using signs at all. I know some people are worried that their kids won't talk as much or as soon if they learn sign language first, but as you saw from one of my previous posts, I'm not worried about that cause Oakley talks plenty, and at least in sign language I know what he's saying. :)
I think there is a beeper in the background at the end - I thought it was mine at home until I listened to the post twice, we must have been baking that day!
ReplyDeleteThat is so impressive. Thats funny that he was just waiting for the right time to bust them all out. I'll definitely have to buy those for Kaelyn.
ReplyDeleteoh my heck liz! that is the cutest! he's a little genius!!! go oakley!!!
ReplyDelete