For Oakley's birthday, we surprised him with a new bedroom. We cleaned out the weight room downstairs and we will take him to pick the paint color and some furniture to put in the room. He was pretty excited about it. We also gave him a ticket to his first NFL game in Las Vegas with Wes on our way back from Oceanside. He was really excited about that too. All he wanted to do for his birthday was have a gamer party with his friends, so we set up four tv's downstairs and four xbox's and they played Madden all night. A teenager's dream.
I always love to go on drives up the canyons during the fall. I made the boys go up with me and we found some pretty amazing leaves.
Progress on oak's room. First we needed to texture the ceiling since we hadn't done anything to it since we tore out the popcorn when we moved in.
Then we painted all the trim in the room. I recruited Oak and Ty to help and they actually liked it, a little. Then we did 3 of the walls gray, and one wall red. I think it turned out pretty well. We also went to Ikea and found a bed with drawers underneath and a big desk for him. Overall it was a pretty cool transformation.
Here are the before and after photos
The day we went to Ikea to get Oak's furniture we also went to the aquarium and got to play in their outdoor area, which we hadn't seen before. The boys had fun.
Family dinner at the Westenskows with our fun cousins.
I did a little crafting and made these fun scrabble tiles for our living room.
Oak had a band concert at the high school where they got to wear costumes. Of course he dressed up in his Cardinal jersey.
The leaves were amazing this year. This was up by the library and the other one is the tree in our front yard. They were amazingly beautiful.
Halloween parade at school. The boy's costumes this year were pretty easy. Tyson was Dream, a you-tuber, and Dax grabbed our old Spongebob costume that has been used over and over at our house.
I always wonder what the photographer is thinking when they take a picture like this. I guess it will be funny later in life to look back on. At least Tyson and Oak had nice pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment