We got to go up north again for Brigham and Kaitlyn's wedding. The kids had fun with their cousins at the kid table. After the luncheon we had to waste a few hours, so we went to a fun park and hung out, and then went to a local pizza place. Then headed over to the reception.
Last year, because we used our Lagoon season passes even during Covid, they gave us an offer that we couldn't pass up and we got season passes again. This was our first time this year and we ran into our neighbors and got to hang out with them all day. It was really fun.
For Wes's birthday we went with our friends to the Jazz game and got a suite at the very top to hang out and watch the game. It was awesome.
Also for Wes's birthday, he joined me in Denver for a few days while I was reffing a tournament and for an extra day after. We had a great time exploring the city and enjoying being away together without the kids. We ate some yummy food and walked a lot. Our room was really high and had an awesome view. One day after I was done working, I looked up and could see Wes just sitting in the window reading, second window down from the top on the left. It was pretty funny.
While I was working, Wes caught a Rockies game that ended up going 14 innings. He loved it.
While we were in Denver, the boys stayed at Katy's and then at Grandma Thompsons. They had fun playing in the sprinklers and going out for ice cream.
We got a call the morning we were suppose to fly out and Dax had fallen off the bed at grandma's and cut his eye open on the night stand. She ended up taking him to our pediatrician who bandaged him up. He didn't need stitches, just butterfly strips thank goodness. Glad it wasn't worse.
Oakley took band this year and has been learning how to play the trombone. He had his first in person concert and played great, well as great as a beginning band concert can be.
He also was able to get his first Covid-19 vaccine and was a trooper. So glad that we are able to start getting the kids vaccinated.
My college roommate, and best friend Karlia lives in Pocatello so I never get to see her. I decided we needed to spend some time together so I booked a hotel in Park City and we went up there for a few nights and hung out. We got pedicures, went shopping at the outlets, ate way too much yummy food, road electric bikes around the hills and over the freeway, and had a great time catching up. She is one of those people that we just pick up right where we left off like we haven't been apart at all. It was a great weekend. She even came home and went to church with me cause I was speaking that day.
Field day at the elementary school was extra special this year because we didn't get one last year due to the virus. I decided that I need to spend as much time with the boys as I can cause you never know what is going to happen or when we will be able to do fun things again.
And...school is out for summer. Yay! These kids made if through a crazy year of having to wear masks every day and being quarantined here and there. What a world we live in.
School's out for summer!!
No comments:
Post a Comment