Oakley's birthday was on a weekday, so I ended up taking him to Denny's for breakfast and he got his usual, Ham and sausage. Then while he was at school, I decorated his room and surprised him when he came home. That night he had football practice, and Wes was in charge of the psych night. They did their rock-paper-scissors tournament like last year. The same kid won. Then we came home and celebrated with crumble cookies, Oak's favorite.


Tyson had a sore throat for a few days, so we kept him home from school. It wasn't Covid, or Strep, just didn't feel well. He ended up building this cool blanket fort in the living room and writing these funny signs at the door of it.
We were able to go swimming at the Murray indoor pool one day. It was nice to be back to doing normal things, just differently.
Dax looked so handsome in his new church outfit that I had to take a picture of him.
Oakley's football season did not end how we wanted it to. His team made it to the semi-finals of the top bracket, but barely lost to Bingham. They played great, and it was fun to watch him every week.
Because of the pandemic Halloween was a little different this year. The schools didn't have a parade in person, they just recorded the kids walking through the gym and sent the parents the recording. We also couldn't go in and help with the class parties. They still had them, just without outside help. I still let the boys trick-or-treat though because I figures it would be safe. It was great, because most of the people just left bowls of candy outside their doors so there was no contact. I loved it and the boys got plenty of candy.




















No comments:
Post a Comment