McKnights

McKnights

Thursday, October 31, 2019

October 2019

For Oakley's birthday he wanted to take a few friends to The Pizza Pie Cafe for dinner and then a haunted house. The dinner was great and the kids had fun. The haunted house seemed to be a little too much for the boys, three of them left early after one threw up inside the haunted house. It was an eventful night, but Oak still had fun.
I got to go with the 5th grade on a field trip to the capitol. It was fun to be with Oak and all his friends. He wasn't even embarrassed that I was there. I need to savor these days.
I made Wes come with me to a match I had in Rock Springs because my partner was driving herself and I didn't want to drive alone. It was also a good excuse to try out his new car. Yes, the pathfinder was almost dead, and it was time to get a new car. Goodbye trusty car. It was fun to have him come and see what I do when I travel. After the match we went to a Tempenyaki restaurant and enjoyed some yummy food. One day when our kids will try new foods we will have to take the kids here. They would enjoy it.
For fall break we enjoyed swimming at the Murray Pool and playing at the new park in West Jordan. They tore down the old West Park, and build a new safer, all abilities park. It was the first day it opened so we were some of the first ones to try it out.
*Kayla and Parker were in a "Frozen" play in Riverton. We took the whole family to see them. They did so well and the kids loved it.
*I got to go on a field trip with Dax too. We went to Discovery Gateway children's museum. We haven't been there for quite a while, so it was fun to see all the new stuff they had.
*Always, around this time I spend days down at the state tournament working. They are long days, but I enjoy being with the other good officials and watching some of the best volleyball in the state. We always get the best seats. Here are a few random pictures of me working and our finals crew.
 Our ward trunk or treat is always a blast. This year I decided to decorate out car and it turned out really fun.
Halloween! I made the boys find costumes from our costume bucket and they all were fine with that. Dax was a dragon, Tyson was a black ninja, and Oakley was Kylo Ren. I only dressed up for the ward party as Where's Waldo. I was surprised how many young kids didn't know who I was. All the old people did.

No comments:

Post a Comment