Both oakley and Tyson played Junior Jazz this year. Oakley was bigger, taller, and faster than everyone else, but his team wasn't very good, so they didn't do too well. He still had fun, and was the star of his team.
Tyson on the other hand just ran around and yelled "pass" the whole time, and if they passed him the ball, he would just stand there with it trying to make a decision as to what to do. He had fun too, and made a few baskets.
Tyson lost both of his front teeth around the same time, not playing basketball, just cause it was time. He won't be eating apples for a while.
For Christmas I gave Wes tickets to one of the Jazz games. We were on the 18th row behind one of the baskets. It was pretty sweet. We saw Jerry Sloan, the old coach just across the way from us. That was cool too.
Aunt Kristine, and uncle Lynn Mcgee both died within a few weeks of each other. They had an estate sale and I really wanted to just go to the house because I have so many fond memories there, so I went. It was just like I remembered it, the staircase and all. I didn't end up buying anything, but it was fun to see all the fancy trinkets and expensive items. The piano is one of only two ever made in the world, and they were asking $125,000 for it. Yikes.
Crazy hair day at school. I think it turned out pretty cool.
We ended up with this lego football helmet after the Mcknight Christmas party, so we put it together one Sunday. The pieces weren't Lego, they were much smaller, so it was a little challenging, but it was fun and it turned out cool. I think we are going to take it to Grandma Margaret. She loves the U.
Our small attempt at a snowman this year. The snow was not very good, so we used a bucket and packed it in there to create the different sections.
Oakley had his very first, and probably only, pinewood derby. I helped him with cutting the wood and shaping it, but he painted it and designed it. The car actually did really well. He got 2nd place in his heat and then 8th overall. He was also awarded the "Most Sleek" award. He didn't know what sleek meant :)
Oakley made it to the school spelling bee again this year. He practiced really hard and wanted to do really well. He was excited and nervous. They randomly choose the order and Oakley ended up being first. He got up and they gave him a word he was familiar with, but he ended up spelling it too fast and missed an easy letter. He was heart broken and couldn't stay the rest of the day at school. It was rough on him, but he recovered and will try again next year.
*Over the years I created these baby cross stitches for each of the boys, with their birthdate, weight, and length at birth. I love how they turned out. Now to just find a place to hang them.
*Over the years I created these baby cross stitches for each of the boys, with their birthdate, weight, and length at birth. I love how they turned out. Now to just find a place to hang them.
We finally got Dax into swim lessons twice a week. He is doing pretty well and loves the water. He loves it so much that it's hard to focus some times, but he is doing well otherwise.
I found out about a free program called Epic School Kids, which gives kids Kindergarten to 5th grade 5 free ski passes to Park City resort and one day of free lessons and rentals. We took advantage and Oakley and Tyson got to ski for their first time.
The day we went was beautiful and sunny, and the boys did great. Oakley even got to go on the lift a few times and skied down great. He still needs to work on stopping at the bottom, but he did good. Tyson just wanted to go fast and his teacher needed to remind him to do the snow plow and go a little slower until he got the hang of it. Both kids loved it and want to go again.






























No comments:
Post a Comment