McKnights

McKnights

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

February 2018

With Oakley playing Jr. Jazz we heard about a free game night to the NBA D league, the Utah Starz. The boys had never been to Vivint arena so we took them.
  
We got there a little early to have dinner at the Gateway and we found these fun glowing see-saws and swings. The boys loved playing on them.
  
 Here we are enjoying really expensive pretzels and the game.
 
 
 
 
 Oak's basketball team this year was really fun. All his friends were on it and his coaches were his friend's parents. They did great, and I think they were undefeated all season.
 
 I've said this before, but I love making valentines boxes. This year Oakley wanted a minecraft wolf. He got a small one in his stocking so that's what I used model it after. I think it turned out great.
   I heard about this fun indoor park called Obstacle Warrior Kids and I found a discount, so we went on one of their days off. They loved doing all the Ninja Warrior like obstacles. They even had a little area for Dax. Oakley tried the Warped Wall and couldn't make it up. Probably because his legs are so long and he couldn't figure out how to swing them up to the top. He tried and tried, and the worker there gave him a few tips. He finally made it up and was so happy. His poor hands though. They were covered in blisters for trying so many times. overall it was great, and I think we will be going again. 
 
 This year I have decided to go for my Junior National Volleyball rating. This would mean that I could do higher level matches and more college matches. Because of this I get to travel around and go to tournaments so I can put them on my resume and get the practice I need. I was able to work the Triple crown tournament in Salt Lake. This will be the last time that it's here, but hopefully it will come back again.
 Someone lost his first tooth. You can already see the new tooth growing in. 
  
 For one of our friend's birthdays, she invited the boys to Airborne, a trampoline park. The cool part, is that in the back there is an awesome obstacle place for the kids to try things. They loved this part.
 
 This year for New Beginnings we had the theme of Grow Where you are Planted. My friend made these really cute cookies to go with the theme. I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment