McKnights

McKnights

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

December 2017

The Utah Volleyball team made it to the National tournament this year, and they got to host the first two rounds. I thought this would be a good opportunity to take Oak on a little date and show him how fun live sports are. He had fun dancing to the music and trying to get on the camera when they would show the crowd. He really liked the treats I got for us, soft pretzel and a frozen lemonade. I think he liked the match as well, but dancing and food were by far his favorite part.
I always like to go downtown when it's still a little warm outside, so we headed down one Saturday on the train. The boys loved riding the train and it was fun to see the candy windows and all the fun lights.
It was really crowded but we still had fun. Oak is getting old enough that he can help a little, and we can get him to take pictures of us. He of course wanted to take a few selfies as well.
City Creek was really pretty as well. They had a huge Christmas tree and the fountain was all lit up. I could tell the boys just wanted to play in the water, but it was a little too cold for that.
Sinter Claus came to our house and Dax was showing my his chocolate letter. I think he's having a hard time with no naps cause he falls asleep on the chair like this many days. He just wears himself out.
As for the other two boys, they always want a sleep over, so one night I went in and found them like this. Oakley had climbed into Tyson's bed and Ty was squished in the corner sleeping. You can barely see the top of his head on the left.
This year I decided to make these cute little mangers for my presidency. I think they turned out pretty fun. I think they really enjoyed them.
Oakley is such a good student. He got the student of the month award again this year. This one was from his teacher, Mr. Manar. We are very proud of him.
He also has been on a basketball team with his friends from his school. He is getting much better from the first time he played and he has made a few shots. He doesn't just skip around everyone else, he actually goes after the ball and is really aggressive. Hopefully by the end of the season he'll be like like Rudy Golbert from the Jazz. His first game that I was at happened to be against his second cousin, Spencer May. It was fun to see them both out on the court.
Moments like this don't happen much. Dax rarely falls asleep outside of his bed, let alone while snuggling with me. He must have been really tired this day. He slept for about an hour and a half on my shoulder.
Whenever I am laying on the couch the boys love to come lay in the little hole that my legs make when I'm on my side. This day I had two of the boys join me on the couch. They are silly.
This was the first year we had two kids sing in the Christmas program. It was so fun to see both of them. Tyson did so well. He know most of the words and was so proud of himself. At the beginning I caught him looking out to the audience with his hand over his eyes. That child is so funny.
I never have a hard time finding Oakley. He always stands right out. He was on the top row in the middle. He did well singing too. During one of their songs they were suppose to pretend to sneeze and he totally did a dab. And on their other song they had to clap, and he would do a dramatic clap to the side with his hands raised. He is definitely not afraid of attention.
Another fun league with my Baby Mamas team. We took 2nd place this time, but at least we still got a shirt. 
We finally go to see the new Star Wars movie, Star Wars The Last Jedi. We took Oak and Ty, but left Dax with the neighbors. Tyson couldn't sit still the whole movie. He has a hard time sitting still and has to be moving all the time. It's a good thing he was on the aisle seat and nobody was in front or behind us.
The boys got to see Santa at Margo's work again. This is the best santa pictures we've ever gotten.
  
  
 
 The Saturday before Christmas Oakley and I went with the Mcknights to the children's theater and saw Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory. It was Oakley's first play and he loved it. He asked if we could go to more plays. I love that he likes the things that I like.
We also had the McKnight party that night. These little cousins are sure growing up...and causing a lot of ruckus.
Christmas Eve this year was on a Sunday. I think this is the ideal day to have it because you get to dress up and enjoy the day before all the chaos. I loved how handsome my boys looked.
Later that night we went to Grandma Thompson's for dinner and Santa. The pictures below are of Dax and me waiting for Santa to come. He brought some fun things for the boys. Walkie-talkies for the older two and a batman car for Dax. I love this tradition.
Christmas morning was a blast. The boys got spoiled as usual, and it is fun that they are all at a good age and can wait for others to open presents and enjoy the morning together. Dax was a little sad at first because we had to wake him up, but once he saw us opening the presents he joined right in and had a blast.
Christmas evening we went to the Thompsons to play games and hang out. I got to try grandpa's new two person bike, which was pretty fun. The chain only came off two times, and it was really hard to peddle, but I can see the grandkids having a blast with it this summer. 
Dax got a scooter of his own, and it was nice enough weather that he got to practice riding it outside. 
This year we had a Weenig and a Thompson party, one right after the other. I didn't get any pictures of the first, but at the Thompson party the McKenzies brought their legos to build fun cars and race them down the ramp. This kept the boys occupied for hours while we got to hand out and talk with the adults.
After the party Cottonwood Heights had a free ice skating clinic and free skating, so I decided to take Oakley for his first time. We got there plenty early and got to go through the little clinic that they had. He was really wobbley, but got better by the end. Then our cousins joined us and we had a blast, until the end, when I decided to race Isaac around one last time before we left. I started running and my feet just slipped right out from under me and I slammed down on my rear end. It hurt so bad I had to sit there for a few minutes. I finally made my way off the ice with Rachel's help and I'm pretty sure I broke my tail bone. I was really dizzy and had to stop a few times driving home, but I finally made it. It will be a while before I go ice skating again.
For Christmas we gave Oak this cool marble runner thing that my friend handed down to us. We finally put it together and it's pretty fun. It only took about 2 hours, but now it's put together for life, or until I decide to sell it.

No comments:

Post a Comment