McKnights

McKnights

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

October 2017

October is my favorite month of the year I think. There are always so many fun things to do and see. Here are a few snapshots that I wanted to remember. The first of Oakley holding Dax at McDonalds one day. He is such a good big brother and Dax loves him so much. The second is Dax after he had some toast with Nutella. I don't know what it is, but my children cannot eat without getting it all over their faces.
The kids got to do a fun run with their school. Dax and I ended up being there right before Oakley was to run so we stayed and cheered him on. He's a pretty good runner.
Like I said, October is one of my favorite months, especially because of all the colors. So I took the kids on a ride one Sunday to explore the leaves. We found some pretty fun little trails up the canyons and the leaves were gorgeous.
Dax wouldn't put his glasses down. He had to have them on the whole time. Even when he was in the car, and even when he fell asleep on the way home.

Sometimes while I am looking through the pictures on my phone I'll find some like these, where the boys have taken my phone and are playing with the camera. These ones made me laugh because they were hiding under Dax's bed and taking pictures of each other.
Oakley had his first little race activity in Scouts. They were suppose to build these boats and paint them and then during scouts they all raced each other by blowing on the sails and trying to get their boat to the end. I was proud of Oakley and how well he did.
During UEA Katy and I decided to take the kids to Cornbelly's at Thanksgiving point. Boy was that crazy. Note to self: Never go during UEA! It was crazy busy and the line was way long. Luckily we bought our tickets online before, and once you got inside there was so much to do that it wasn't too bad. We still had a fun time riding down the gunny sack slide, and playing in the little farm houses. We went on a hay ride, and went through a really big corn maze, that took us forever to get out of. The one thing they loved the most was this little mouse maze thing. It's just a big wooden box with an entrance and an exit and the kids go in one side and don't come out for like 10 minutes. I guess it's just a maze in this wooden box that you climb all over through. The kids had a blast, and they didn't even care that it was busy. Next year we will have to go again, just not during UEA.
It's almost Halloween time, so we had to make sure the costumes all fit. They looked great as the Guardians of the Galaxy. Dax wanted to try on a few more costumes too. Oak was Starlord two years ago, so he wanted to be Harry Potter for school this year, but he still dressed up with us as the Guardians when we were all together.
I think the last time we dressed up as a family for Halloween was the year Oakley was one. He was a football, I was the ref, and Wes was the football player. So, this year we decided to dress up as the Guardians of the Galaxy because we were perfect for it. I was Gamora, Wes was Drax the destroyer, Oakley was Starlord, Tyson was Rocket Raccoon, and Dax was Baby Groot. We dressed up for our Ward Halloween party and it was so fun. It was a lot of work to put it all together, but I think it turned out great!
The boys had fun eating the donuts off the strings. I love how Tyson just grabbed it with his hand. Dax was funny too. He couldn't quite get it in his mouth. They all figured it out though. Then I dressed Dax up as a mummy. He makes a cute mummy.
During the end of October and beginning of November I am always consumed with volleyball officiating. This is when the state tournament is, and now I am one of the Presidents so I have to be there most of the time and help out. These are some of my good friends who I love to hang out with when we are not up on the stand, Kaylene and Kylee.
The boys had the day before Halloween off of school so we went to Get Air. The boys are the perfect age for it right now. They can all just do their own thing and have fun wherever they want. Dax loved the rope swing and could jump up and get on it all by himself. The boys found this one foam block that had a face on it, so they had to try to make the same face. They crack me up.
Once again, Dax taking a nap, NOT IN HIS BED. 
And my fun Monday night Women's team taking first place again. I love these ladies. They are all so fun to play with.
Halloween day was pretty exciting for the boys. They had fun getting in their costumes and riding the bus together. Dax and I went up to the parade that they have at the elementary and watched them walk up the street. I love seeing all the costumes.
Zane's little brother, Jace and Malika, came with us to the parade. He is the cutest baby ever.
This was our crew for trick or treating. The boys had fun going around with their friends and the weather wasn't took cold. It was actually pretty nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment