McKnights

McKnights

Saturday, September 30, 2017

September 2017

Wes and I have been married for 15 years. It's crazy to think about, because it feels like I've know him forever, but that we just barely got married. 
This year, we went up to Snowbird for a night and then to the Anniversary Inn for a night. I didn't realize Snowbird was having Octoberfest, even though it was September, so it was pretty crowded up there, but it was still fun. The view from our room was awesome.
We had fun riding the coasters down the mountain. The ones in Park City are longer, but it was still fun. We also got to ride the tram up to the top of the mountain. Neither of us had ever been up there, but it was amazing. We really were on the top of the mountain. You could see every mountain and every valley around, even down to the city.
At the top there was a fun restaurant with amazing views that we ate at. Then we found this fun tunnel that goes right through mountain from one valley to the other. It's called the Peruvian Tunnel. It was pretty cool to walk through and come out on the other side.
After our fun day on the mountain, we came back down to the valley and went to the Anniversary Inn. I don't know what it is about this place, but I love it, and I love all the fun rooms. This time I got one of the rooms I've been dying to try for a while, The Swiss Family Robinson room. The bed is up in the tree house so it's really fun. It was nice to relax for the evening and not have to go anywhere.
We enjoyed the weekend to ourselves. It's always nice to get a little break, especially right before the High School volleyball season when I'm gone much of the time.
On another note, Dax has learned to climb out of his crib, and gets out all the time now. He doesn't stay in there for naps and at night he keeps climbing out. So we decided it was time for him to have a big boy bed. It was sad to see the crib go, but nice to not have to have it anymore. We bought a cheap bed frame from IKEA, but when I went to put it together, we had forgotten to grab the wood slats that go across for the mattress to sit on, so the first night we just put the mattress on the floor inside the bed and it worked great. Then he couldn't fall out. 
He likes his new bed, but he won't take naps in it anymore, so I quite often find him like this on the couch or the chair. This little guy wears himself out and still needs a nap, so however we can get him one. Tyson sometimes falls asleep as well. Although this day, I think he was a little under the weather.
Dax is a funny kid. His personality is totally coming out now. He loves to dress up with glasses or masks, or the old costumes that we have. He is such a play baby and is always up for running around and having fun.
For Oakley's birthday we had a few of his friends over for a little party. Mainly we just let them run around in the back yard and play, but I did have a few games for them. One was to toss marshmallows in their partner's cup on their head. They seemed to have fun. Another was that I drew a big game board on the cement and we played a life size board game where they rolled the dice and then had to move to a spot and pick a card that would tell them what to do next. It was fun, but a little long. The kids still enjoyed it.
Then of course we had presents and ice cream. I can't believe Oak is already 9 years old. Next year he will be two digits. Where has the time gone?
This year our stake youth were invited to sing during the afternoon session of the Saturday Conference. It was an amazing experience for them. They had to practice for weeks in advance and the did amazing. Me and my presidency got to go downtown and be there for the session. It was so fun to hear them in person. They did awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment