We always have a house project in the making. Our most recent one was turning our living room window into a sliding door so we didn't have to go through our garage and around to get to the back yard. It wasn't very high on Wes's remodeling list, but on mine it was, and I'm the planner/designer so I get what I want, usually. I just hated how the kids were so far away if they wanted to be outside and I needed to be inside. With this door, they can go right out onto our patio and play all day long, and I can see them right there.
Anyway, we hired my friend Rich to come and install it for us. Of course I forgot to take a before picture, but here's a during picture:
and an after picture. The original window didn't go all the way to the ground so he cut the brick outside and tore out the bottom of the window to make the opening. Then we just slid this huge thing into place. We could tell a temperature difference right away. The windows we had didn't close all the way and they let tons of air in and out, and it was so drafty in that room. Now it's nice and temperate. We love it!
I can't believe how much we've used it already, even though it's getting colder. I love the stairs and the openness of the windows. I especially love that I can open the glass and just have fresh air blowing through the screen. It was well worth the money.



No comments:
Post a Comment