McKnights

McKnights

Thursday, September 19, 2013

AVP in SLC

This summer we had a once in a lifetime opportunity to watch the AVP (pro beach volleyball) right in our own backyard. They hauled in sand and made an awesome venue at Liberty Park. Wes and I bought courtside seats, and we got our money's worth, that's for sure. We got to see Kerri Walsh play one of our own Utah teams in the first round, and we got to be in that fun volleyball atmosphere for a whole three days. Wes said it was the best weekend of his life. I agree, it was pretty amazing.
Hauling in the sand a few days before the event.
Enjoying the sun on the first day. Can you tell by our faces we were super excited?
Kerri Walsh and Whitney Pavlik warming up before their first match against our Utah team, Brenda Whicker and Arial Salvo.
It was so much fun to walk around and watch some great volleyball, and to be right there next to these athletes who you see on tv and are just normal people. It was also like a big reunion for all the volleyball peeps. I saw so many of my old teammates and friends there.

We made sure we were there bright and early on the last day so that we could get front row seats, and I think we got the best ones in the house. We were right behind the servers and they would come talk to us between plays and joke with us. It was pretty amazing.
The stadium was packed for the finals. They were fun to watch.

After both of the finals were finished they had the champions sign the game balls and they threw them out into the stands. I ended up catching one. Good thing I am huge and obnoxiously loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment