On Monday, Wes and I celebrated our ten year anniversary. I can't believe that it's already been ten years. I remember the day we met. It was memorial day at the UVU outdoor volleyball tournament, and I had seen him around here and there, but when my friend introduced us, I just said "I know you." I was nervous at the time and it was a stupid thing to say, and I'm embarassed about it now, but it worked out in the end. We spent the day watching each other play volleyball and talking in between. Wes had tons of stories and he made me laugh, which was a must. That night I invited him, along with some of my other friends to my grandma's pool to swim. It was fun, and I had no clue that Wes hated the water as much as he does. He faked it really well.
We enjoyed seeing each other for the next few saturdays at tournaments just like the one we met at. We'd talk and laugh and have a good time. After the third tournament of seeing each other and no official date, I called my friend who introduced us and told her that he needed to call me or he was going to be in trouble. Of course, that night he called and we went country dancing the next day. After that we never looked back, and three months later we were married in the Salt Lake Temple for time and all eternity.
We've had many fun times, and a few difficult times, but in the end, he's still my best friend and we still talk and laugh just as much as we did ten years ago. I'm glad that I didn't scare him off with our first official meeting, and I'm glad that I made him call me. I love him and I'm looking forward to the next ten years, and many more. Love you Wessy Pooh!

happy anniversary you old farts! i love that picture of you guys! (and the new fam pic at the top is cute too- i always read your blog in reader so i haven't seen it until now).
ReplyDelete