McKnights

McKnights

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Birthdays

On Saturday it was Wes's birthday. We did a lot of celebrating. First, we picked up his sister Annie on Friday night and went to Red Robin so he could have his "egg burger". Then we put the kids to bed and he and I went to see The Avengers while Annie stayed at the house. We both loved the movie. Then the next morning he and I got to play in our first outdoor tournament together since last year at this time. It was a reverse coed, so the net was women's height and the men have to hit from the back row. It was fun to spend time with him and not have to worry about the kids. We didn't do as good as we usually do, but we still had fun. When we got home Oakley was so excited because he had been waiting all day to have some of Wes's cake. He's such a funny kid. On Friday he helped me make a cake for Wes. I explained that it was daddy's birthday on Saturday and Oakley said he was really "sited" (excited in his words). He told me that when daddy came home we had to hide and then jump out and yell surprise. I don't think he understands the difference between a surprise party and a birthday party, but whatever. When we heard Wes come home we ran into Oakley's room and waited for Wes to come down the hall. It didn't work very well though cause Oakley doesn't know how to be quite and Tyson was just laughing the whole time we were hiding.

Anyway, back to the cake. Oakley and I made this cake that I found off Pinterest. It's easy and it just has layers of ice cream sandwiches, cool whip, carmel, and reeces peanut butter cups. Oakley was so patient to wait till we got home. He loves birthdays. After that we took Annie home and came back to relax. Wes grilled up som brauts and we enjoyed hanging out in the back yard. Here are some pictures of our fun cake.


Not only was it Wes's birthday on Saturday but it was Tyson's half birthday on Friday. He is six months old. I can't believe that he's been here that long. It feels like just yesterday we brought him home from the hospital, and yet I feel like he's always been in our family. Here are a few pictures of him recently.



What a joy he is. We love both of these Birthday boys so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment