McKnights

McKnights

Monday, August 8, 2011

"UP" House

I've posted before about how I love designing rooms, even if I'm not very good at it, but I love getting ideas and seeing my ideas come to life in my own house. Well to get these ideas I always go to the Parade of Homes in the summer. Usually I go with my mom, but she's MIA for a while, so I had to settle for Oakley this year. That's ok though, cause for some reason he gets just as excited about it as I do. Maybe because I talk up how fun it will be so he behaves. This year there was something worth being excited about though. The "UP" house fromt he Disney/Pixar movie "UP". I guess some guys wife wanted him to build the house, so he did, and it's featured in the parade. It was pretty cool to see, and Oakley talked about it the rest of the day. Here are some fun pictures from the house, and others that I liked and might use in my house eventually.











I need inspiration for our Master Bedroom, especially the headboard and the wall behind the bed, so these next few rooms I liked a bunch.









These are just fun kids rooms and wall treatments on them that I thought were interesting. Oak loved all the kids rooms and just wanted to stay and play with the toys.



And the other thing I wanted to look at is the tile in the bathrooms, because eventually we will be gutting our two bathrooms. I love this tile that most of the homes had.




1 comment:

  1. i love that tile too. i forget what it's called, but it's getting to be really popular. there is a downfall though.... it's REALLY expensive! thanks for sharing these. you know i love them too! ;)

    ReplyDelete